Teriyaki Fable Poke Recipe
POKE BOWLS ARE THE MOST FLUID AND FORGIVING DISHES OF THE FOOD WORLD!
Recipe by: Fable Food Co
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Create it with whichever base suits you, not a fan of rice? Try cauliflower rice! Add any veggies and sauces that tickle. This is recipe is from Fable Food Co but you can substitute any of the elements to suit your preference.
250g Fable, pulled apart into smaller pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
1 thumb of ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup mirin
1 tbsp sugar/ maple syrup/sweetener of choice
½ tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oil
250g brown rice
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 cup cooked edamame beans
1 -2 avocados, sliced or cubed
6 radishes, sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1 tsp salt
Juice of ½ lemon
Tahini Soy Dressing
2 tbsp tahini
2 tsp soy sauce
Juice of ¼ – ½ lemon
¼ cup water
½ tsp sesame oil
- Cook rice according to pack instructions
- Cook edamame beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, rinse and refresh in a bowl of cold water. Set aside
- Dress shredded cabbage with 1 tsp of salt and generous squeeze of lemon juice, set aside to soften
- Heat oil in pan until hot, then add Fable pieces and fry until browned and edges begin to crisp.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mirin and sugar and all to cook until caramelised. Take off heat and add sesame oil.
- Assemble poke bowl starting with brown rice, topping Fable, cabbage, edamame beans, along with remaining accompaniments and sauces.
Once you’ve tried this yummy teriyaki fable poke recipe, you’ll be craving more yummy vegan offerings. Be sure to check out all of the great vegan recipes we have on the Nurcha Blog!