Did you know sulphur is one of the most abundant nutrients found in the human body and plays a critical role in detoxification as well as inflammatory conditions? Unfortunately, many people no longer obtain the needed sulphur from their diet due to depleted soils and loss of the nutrient from foods during the cooking process. Mostly anyone suffering from a chronic disease or health issue today can benefit substantially from a simple Methyl Sulphonyl Methane (MSM) supplement.
What is MSM?
Although the name in full sounds very complex, it is comforting to know that MSM provides a multitude of benefits. But what exactly is MSM? Methyl Sulphonyl Methane is a colorless, solid form of sulfur found in most living things, us humans included. Yes, all of us have MSM, and it helps us maintain an overall healthy wellbeing.
How do we use it?
There is no wonder that such a compound that supports life would certainly bring us even more benefits if we consume it as a supplement on a regular basis. That is why MSM is already a major component of many dietary supplements. A good teaspoon of MSM a day, in its powder form, is recommended for regular use. However this dosage can be increased as advised by your health professional. The powder is simply taken with water or your favorite fruit juice, it’s that simple.
What are the benefits of MSM?
There are a multitude of reasons why MSM is regarded as the discovery of our time. Many studies conclude that MSM, when taken daily, may assist the body in its natural ability to heal conditions such as:
- Alzheimer’s Disease: MSM’s sulfur content helps battle this progressive, degenerative disease. MSM frees the brain cells from aluminum, which is the main cause of the brain going on “short circuit,” leading to memory loss and confusion. Help your loved ones slow this disease down by helping them stay alert and active.
- Acne: Simply take one to two teaspoons of MSM and help your body maintain desirable acid/alkaline levels. This balance helps prevent acne, especially for teens inside the puberty age.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and Rheumatism are common debilitating joint diseases. Many sufferers of various forms of Arthritis have reported substantial pain relief with the use of MSM. Daily doses of 2-5 grams of MSM is recommended for therapeutic relief of pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Diabetes: MSM helps our cells become more permeable and prevents our bloodstream from becoming overloaded with sugar. Diabetes has always been known as an opening for more serious diseases. Consuming MSM at least once a day helps eliminate the possibility to a great extent.
- Hair Loss: Add MSM to your favorite shampoo and reap the rewards after continued use. MSM contains collagen and keratin, ideal for hair growth.
- Muscle Pain: Athletes and people with healthy lifestyles can thank MSM for helping them return to competitive shape quickly. MSM helps people deal with nagging cramps and back pain as well. If consumed during injury, MSM helps athletes get back to their top form faster.
Other conditions that can be treated therapeutically by using MSM are heartburn, indigestion, brittle nails, allergies, halitosis, gum disease, snoring, tennis elbow, ulcers, and varicose veins, to name just a few.
MSM is quite a powerful sulfur form and it’s nice that something so simple, affordable, and easy to consume can contribute to your overall well being in so many ways. Try with a teaspoon or two a day for a week to start, then increase your dosage as recommended by your health professional.