Have you heard of the new mock meat changing the game of plant-based cooking? Fable Food Co have created ethical & delicious meat alternatives that will have you wanting more!
Containing mainly Shitake Mushrooms, this means maximum nutritional value and minimal environmental impact.
Mushrooms have the same natural umami flavours that help make meat so appealing. But mushrooms aren’t just ridiculously tasty, they’re incredibly nutritious too. They’ve been used in Chinese medicine for 1000’s of years, and thankfully, the Western world has now caught up to the benefits of this amazing food.
We decided to try it for ourselves and we can’t wait to share this recipe with you!
Fable Rice Paper Rolls with Dipping Sauces
This recipe is super simple and can be altered to suit your taste desires, using your vegetables of choice!
If you find the rolling part too cumbersome, just throw everything into a bowl and enjoy it as a Fable Vermicelli Noodle salad instead.
P.S. Before we begin, we think the best way to eat rice paper rolls is to have all the elements set up on your table or floor for everyone to assemble and eat their own rolls as they go along.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 mins
Serves: 4-5 People
Rice Paper Rolls
- 250g Fable Food Co Premium Plant-Based Braised Beef
- 1 packet of rice paper rolls
- 1 packet of sprouts
- 2 large carrots
- half a red cabbage
- 1 avocado
- snow peas
- A generous bowl of herbs of choice – eg. Vietnamese mint, Vietnamese balm, mint, coriander
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- Vermicelli rice noodles if desired (we did our recipe without)
Nuoc Cham Sauce
- ½ cup of warm water
- ¼ cup soy sauce/tamari or vegan fish sauce
- ¼ cup white or rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1tsp sweetener of choice – sugar, maple syrup, etc.
- 1 minced chilli, according to desired spice level
Combine sweetener and warm water until dissolved and add remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Tahini Soy Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp tamari
- Juice of ¼ – ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix. Add more water to thin dressing or more tahini to thicken.
We also think our Nurcha Made Satay Sauce would be an amazing sauce in this dish!
Click here to grab yours online.
- Thinly slice vegetables of choice and place on board to share.
- Create sauces so they’re ready to go once the Fable is cooked.
- Shred Fable with your fingers into smaller bits and add them into frying pan with oil of choice, minced garlic and a splash of soy sauce or coconut aminos. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the Fable is nicely browned. Place in a bowl ready to serve.
- If using noodles, cook vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions, rinse with cold water and strain.
- Assemble all ingredients and sauces and get ready for a Fable feast.
- Wet the rice paper sheet by very briefly submerging it into a bowl of water. Shake off excess water and lay it on a flat plate.
- Now layer your filling horizontally right beneath the midline of the rice paper sheet. Be as adventurous or safe as you like with your creation! Be careful not to overfill your roll – so best to err on the side of less until you find your sweet spot.
- Now fold the sides of the rice paper sheet to cover the side edges of your filling.
- Fold the bottom edge of the rice paper (the side that’s closest to you) over the filling. Whilst keeping the sides folded in with your fingers, start rolling away from you with medium to firm pressure, tucking the filling in underneath as you roll.
- Dip your roll in nuoc cham and or tahini dressing and munch away! Don’t forget to snap a photo and tag Nurcha and Fable Food Co in your posts!
We hope this recipe has sparked an inspiration to do try something new! We know you’ll love it!
Grab Fable food co and other ingredients from Nurcha.