Himalayan salt lamps are very popular for a variety of reasons. Available in a wide range of shapes, sizes and unique colour formations, they not only make a stunning decorative piece enhancing the ambience of any space, they are also beneficial for your health. When used and cared for as directed, Himalayan Salt Lamps can provide a lifetime of health benefits and visual enjoyment in your home or office.
Electro-Smog & Your Health
In today’s modern era of technology it isn’t hard to picture that we are living in a virtual bee hive of magnetic fields. Electrical radiation, or electro-smog, is produced by TV’s, computers, overhead lighting, wireless printers and modems. Not to forget we are also cocooned in our homes and offices with walls of live electrical cables – all emitting electrical pollution. AND when we do leave to head outdoors, we carry our mobile phones that are constantly receiving and transmitting frequencies. No wonder we are constantly tired and no wonder illness or dis-ease is on the rise.
Many have reported improved physical and mental well-being shortly after using salt lamps in their home or office. Some of the health issues Himalayan salt lamps may help with are:
- Headaches and Migraines
- Respiratory Issues
- Stress Relief
It’s All About the Negative Ions
In short, negative ions occur in nature, created by things like storms, sunlight and waves, and help our bodies and minds to relax and regenerate. Positive ions are generated by electronic devices like computers, televisions and household appliances, and can contribute to health issues like allergies and stress.
Himalayan salt lamps aid in neutralizing the Electro Magnetic Field of the home or office environment by emitting negative ions, which counteract the positive ions released by electrical devices. They can also purify the air by creating a negatively charged environment thereby neutralising airborne bacteria, mould and allergens. Salt lamps naturally attract water molecules from the surrounding environment. When switched on, the warmth generated by the bulb heats the salt, a chemical reaction occurs, and negative ions are emitted.
Ancient Rocks in the Modern Home
Himalayan crystal salt rock was created millions of years ago when the energy of the sun dried up the original primal sea and the Himalayan mountain range began to form. These ancient rocks are carefully mined from the enormous salt deposits and hand crafted to create beautiful salt lamps in a variety of shapes and sizes. Each and every salt lamp is absolutely unique due to the natural variation in colours, veins and striations present in the rock. However, every salt lamp will provide a wonderful calming glow creating a tranquil ambience to any space. This is why Himalayan salt lamps are one of our best sellers. They are great for the home and office, and make the perfect gift.
Use and Care Instructions
While Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamps are ‘rock’ like and very durable, if the following simple steps are taken they should last for decades.
- Wipe with a damp cloth only as excess water will dissolve the salt.
- Salt lamps are not suitable for rooms with excess humidity such as bathrooms or outdoors.
- For best results, we recommend leaving salt lamps on constantly, ultimately it is your choice. If the environment is humid or it is raining, leave switched on as moisture in the air is increased and this will assist evaporation.
- The lamp will tell you if it is not being used enough by pooling moisture, but ultimately you benefit from having the lamp on more often than not.
- If not in use (and the lamp is dry) we recommend wrapping in a plastic bag after unplugging and removing the cord.
Electrical Safety Instructions
Ensure the power is turned off when plugging in, unplugging, moving the lamp or changing the bulb.
Salt does attract humidity out of the atmosphere. Salt lamps use the heat generated by the bulb to evaporate this moisture which keeps the lamp and fitting dry and safe. If the lamp is moist, remove the cord from the power socket and the bulb from the bulb socket and allow to completely dry before reconnecting to the power.